Is there a way to launch processes with arbitrary MIC labels?

Old September 26th 06, 11:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Walter Porter

Default Is there a way to launch processes with arbitrary MIC labels?

Hello:

Is there a way to launch processes with arbitrary (or at least lower)
mandatory integrity control labels? For example, is there something like a
runas.exe command which can be used in a CMD shell running with the Medium
MIC label to launch a process with the Low MIC label? Is the only way to
launch a process with the Low MIC label is to hard code that label into the
assembly or PE?

Thanks!

Old October 4th 06, 12:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Jimmy Brush

Hello,

runas looks as if they are working in adding this feature. Check out:

runas /trustlevel
runas /showtrustlevels

In the mean time, I believe winternals has a tool that will allow you to do
this.

--
- JB

Windows Vista Support Faq
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/

Old October 13th 06, 05:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Walter Porter

runas /trustlevel
runas /showtrustlevels

I'm not sure, but I believe these are for Software Restriction Policies, not
MIC.

I believe winternals has a tool that will allow you to do this.

Process Explorer can launch a program as a limited user, i.e., with most
privileges stripped and with a deny-only SID for the Administrators group in
the SAT, but I don't see a way for it to launch with arbitrary MIC labels
(unless it's a different tool you had in mind).

Thank you for the suggestions though!