Old February 15th 07, 03:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Rock

Default Upgrading drivers?

"Jerry Hughes" wrote

Hi Dale, thanks for your info. Actually, the notebook is a month old Dell
Inspiron E1705 and I was really surprised that I could buy this notebook
so
close to the release of Vista and still have all this work to do, as far
as
updating drivers! What's more, a friend of mine bought a new Dell and
will
have to go through the same thing but instead of doing the work, is going
drop it off to have Vista installed. Man, can't imagine that service is
going to do all the updating, uninstalling, etc., that should be done,
properly.

I will have to look into how to preserve my XP config before installing
Vista. Haven't the foggiest but I guess it's better to be safe than
sorry.
I'm hoping the Vista DVD will mention that option before installing Vista
and
if so, I will certainly choose that option. Thanks for that advice!

Easy / best way is to get drive imaging software like Acronis True Image,
and image the XP installation to an external hard drive, USB or Sata. ATI
works in Vista too, so you have both bases covered.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]