Old February 15th 07, 01:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
NickLeeds

Default Whats wrong with Excel 2007 on Vista?

I have a test rig with Office 2007 standard and Vista Enterprise:
I have another test rig but with Windows 2003 SP1 and Office 2003 Pro:
Both installations are vanilla and are on a brand new Vista accredited Dell
machine.

I wrote an Excel spreadsheet that includes a common VBA module which only
iterates through ranges of cells changing the values as it goes.

On the Win2003/Office2003 rig the VBA task completes in 5 secoonds.
On the Vista/Office2007 rig it takes 118 seconds (whether in compatibility
mode or after being saved as a macro enabled worksheet)

I have even rewritten the spreadsheet from scratch on the Vista/2007 rig as
a macro enabled workbook and that takes only 18 seconds to complete its
execution.

I'm quite worried that we may have to redevelop a significant number of
spreadsheets to accomodate this problem and that even then the result will be
that we will be working much slower with a new desktop than we were with our
old one.

These tests are being done because we need to know if our intention to
deploy Vista/Office2007 would be a mistake.... Currenetly I suspect the it
may indead be a major mistake to deploy the Vista/Office2007 combination.

If anyone has any constructive ideas that may help me with this problem then
please please speak up.