Old February 16th 07, 01:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
metalmouse

Default Windows Easy Transfer - 'Access is denied'

Hi I realy hope someone can help me out here,

I was using xp pro when i started the easy transfer process onto a seporate
hdd in my pc.
I formated my windows drive when i was satisfied i had double backed up
anything i'd need and had my 'from old pc' folder on another drive, and made
a clean install of vista home premium.

Now the problem with easytransfer starts when it tries to access and copy
across files that were in my 'my documents' folder, it comes up with:

'Transfer failed for.... 'file name' ...access is denied'

and it gives me the option to 'click continue to skip the file' and move on
however the same error message seems to come up with all files from
mydocuments and after pressing continue many times (skipping all the files as
i go) it crashes.

I'm wondering if the fact i chose to encrypt my 'my documents' and all files
inside it would have an impact here and cause this problem. if so how can i
resolve this as i wasn't warned to decrypt before making the easy transfer
'.mig' file

thankyou for reading and looking forward to your help (all my music is in
there! =p)