Old February 16th 07, 05:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
BSchnur

Default Windows Vista Install - No Operating System

Right -- most of the time that's how I set up the BIOS -- avoids a lot
of install foolishness.

I'm planning on building up a server this year -- came across a nice
Promise SATA RAID card -- eight SATA ports (no this won't go in a
Micro-ATX box), supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 6.

While, in theory one could use the drivers that come with the card to
do a boot install, I'll not do that. First drive will be IDE connected
to the motherboard. I'll do a 3 or 4 drive RAID 5 array for storage
(mostly forensics image stuff).

--
Barry Schnur