MSDN Vista Bussiness does not support USB Mass Storage Device

Old April 4th 08, 05:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Aaron Gray

Default MSDN Vista Bussiness does not support USB Mass Storage Device

My MSDN Subscription Vista does not support USB Mass Storage Devices or
USB2IDE device that are supported by my Home versions.

Anyone know how I can update the OS to support these drivers ?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Old April 4th 08, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Aaron Gray

"Aaron Gray" wrote in message
My MSDN Subscription Vista does not support USB Mass Storage Devices or
USB2IDE device that are supported by my Home versions.

Anyone know how I can update the OS to support these drivers ?

Sorry its Enerprise not Bussiness.

Aaron

Old April 4th 08, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Malke[_2_]

Aaron Gray wrote:

"Aaron Gray" wrote in message
My MSDN Subscription Vista does not support USB Mass Storage Devices or
USB2IDE device that are supported by my Home versions.

Anyone know how I can update the OS to support these drivers ?

Sorry its Enerprise not Bussiness.

It isn't that the OS doesn't support USB Mass Storage Devices; it's that you
need drivers for your motherboard (chipset). Find them as follows:

1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific model
machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers anyway)
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor or System Information for Windows.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html - Belarc Advisor
http://www.gtopala.com/ - System Information for Windows

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Old April 6th 08, 07:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
none

Aaron Gray wrote:
My MSDN Subscription Vista does not support USB Mass Storage Devices or
USB2IDE device that are supported by my Home versions.

Anyone know how I can update the OS to support these drivers ?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Remember That MSDN Releases Are Not 4 Production Use, Just FYI. On
Friday I Got A Phone Call From Microsoft, Because I Was Using Microsoft
Windows Server 2008 RTM Illegally, Just FYI. They Told Me 2 Either
Remove It From My Computer And Return 2 Windows Vista Service Pack One
Ultimate Edition (4 Which I Own 3 Retail Licences), Or Else They Would
Cancel My MSDN And Tech Net Direct Subscriptions, Just FYI. Instead Of
Returning 2 Windows Vista Service Pack One Ultimate Edition, I Am Now
Engaged In An All Time Microsoft Boycott, And Am Running Open Source
Linux Ubuntu 8.04 Long Term Support Official Beta Refresh On 2 Of My
Four Computer's, And Open Source Linux Ubuntu 7.10 RTW (Command Line
Interface) On the Other 2 Of My Four Computer's, Just FYI.
Old April 6th 08, 09:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Scott M.[_2_]

How would Microsoft know that you were using Windows Server 2008 for
production purposes, rather than for development?

Old April 7th 08, 11:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Larry Linson

"none" ""kevin\"@(none)" wrote

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would very much appreciate your not
capitalizing every word in your response. My eyesight is bad enough without
you making a concerted effort to blind me. I wish you well with whatever
you choose to run.

Just as a matter of interest... when you say "Microsoft Windows Server 2008
RTM" that seems to me to be a beta test version. Could it be that you were
using a Beta after the Release version became available and that the Beta
license had expired? I agree with another poster that it would be extremely
difficult for Microsoft to determine that whatever you were running was
"production" versus "development/testing".

Larry