Writeable CD stuck in Drive E, cant get it out, not recognized HEL

Old April 6th 08, 05:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Quinn

Default Writeable CD stuck in Drive E, cant get it out, not recognized HEL

I put a re-writeable CD in Drive E to record music on it, it was full, was
going to delete some of the prior songs, but it's stuck!! Windows pop up
saying its working properly, or its in use...its not working, how do i get it
out? I've been pushing the button to do it manually, but thats not working
either..HELP!!
Old April 6th 08, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Brink

Quinn;674227 Wrote:
I put a re-writeable CD in Drive E to record music on it, it was full,
was
going to delete some of the prior songs, but it's stuck!! Windows pop
up
saying its working properly, or its in use...its not working, how do i
get it
out? I've been pushing the button to do it manually, but thats not
working
either..HELP!!

Hi Quinn,

Shutdown the computer and unplug it to make sure the drive is off and
not spinning. We do not want you to get get hit by a flying disc.

On some older CD/DVD drives there will be a pin hole that you can push
a paperclip or sewing needle in straight to manually open the drive. If
you do not have one, then you can gently grab ahold of the drive door
and manually slowly pull it open. When you have the CD out, just gently
slowly push it back closed.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Old April 7th 08, 11:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jacob Sleestaker

On some older CD/DVD drives there will be a pin hole

What are you talking about? This hole is in new drives as well.
Old April 7th 08, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Brink

Jacob Sleestaker;674917 Wrote:
On some older CD/DVD drives there will be a pin hole

What are you talking about? This hole is in new drives as well.

Hi Jacob,

Well most may, but my "TSST corp CD/DVDW TS-H652D ATA" does not have
one for whatever reason. Believe me, I looked.

Shawn

Old April 7th 08, 11:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jacob Sleestaker

Brink, that is sad. I never even heard of TSST. I always stick with these
brand name drives.
1. Pioneer
2. Lite-On
3. HP
4. Samsung
5. Sony
6. Asus
7. Philips

Time to upgrade that drive?

Old April 8th 08, 12:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Brink

"Brink" wrote in message

Hi Jacob,

Well most may, but my "TSST corp CD/DVDW TS-H652D ATA" does not have
one for whatever reason. Believe me, I looked.

Shawn

I hear you Jacob. It was a drive that came with the OEM "eMachines"
computer. It's a pretty good drive. It can be opened pretty easily with
a thumb nail of need be. LOL

You can read more about TSST (Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology) here
if your interested.

'Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Corporation'
(http://www.tsstorage.com/index_e.html)

Shawn

Old June 8th 08, 01:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charles W Davis

Jacob,
Wrong! My year-old HP computer with HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H30L has no hole for
ejecting the drive.

Old June 8th 08, 02:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

It is hard to find. On my laptop it is much easier to see (directly right
of the eject button) but on some HP products it is a very tiny hole to the
right of eject button but down around the curvature of the tray cover.