Old February 16th 07, 04:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Chad Harris

Default Ownership Woes/Not an Installation issue; use the general group.

This issue is onpoint to navigating UAC in Vista. Please put it on the
general group., It has nothing to do with setup/installation. Falor if you
click Newsgroups on the toolbar and put vista in search you'll see a gamut
of Vista groups. This group is for Vista Installation problems and your
issue isn't one of them.

Best,

CH

"Falor" wrote in message
So, I got Vista Ultimate a few days ago, installed the 64-bit version.
Everything was peachy (still is for the most part,) however, when going to
my
old folders with all my music and what not, I am getting the dreaded
"Access
Denied."

To cut off the normal line of troubleshooting. I have already reset
security
ownership/permissions for the affected folders, and security changes.
However, it seems to be unable to do a mass change to all files within the
folder, despite the applicable check box.

I have already attempted a "setowner /F *.* /R" and icalis (though I may
have made some prompt mistakes on the icalis) setowner also provided an
access denied display.

I can set the permission on each file manually, but I got 4 years of
collected media, and would take a looooong time to go that route.

Any suggestions?