Old February 18th 07, 01:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John Monahan

Default CD/DVD Drive disappearing from drive list

I have a weird and frustating problem with both my DVD drives disappearing
from the drive list with Vista. Sometimes both DVD drives are on the Windows
Explorer list. Other times times they are both absent. It's not a problem
withWindows Explorer since they are absent using say PowerDisk Pro6 as well.
It seems to be random. If I do a complete reboot they are usually there next
time. I am using a ASUS PW DH Delux motherboard and LG 18x Super multi DVD
Rewriter (GSA-H22L) drives.

Anybody else seen phantom drives with Vista?