Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Knights of the Old Republic 2 stops running...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 21st 08, 12:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
hydra

Default Knights of the Old Republic 2 stops running...

Hi, all. I have a problem starting KOTOR2 on Vista. There's a error message
each time starting up that the program has stopped running and needs to close
(I've managed to get past the first cutscene several times in the beginning
before the error shows). The error has been reported, but no solutions.

I know my computer isn't especially designed for gaming, but it still is
able to run Halo CE fairly well. Which is strange if it's the hardware
causing it. I would think that Halo is more demanding than KOTOR, and KOTOR's
graphics and gameplay are relatively simple.

When I looked at the system requirement information, I have green in all
categories except two that are not met at the recommended level (yellow). A
red indicator won't allow it to run, and I have no red indications.

The yellows are the CPU, which is at 1.60GHz. KOTOR's recommended IS at
1.6GHz (Pentium 4 or Athlon XP Class) with a minimal 1.0GHz required for
Pentium 3 and Athlon. I'm using a Intel Dual Core.

The second yellow is the Video graphics. KOTOR recommends ATI Radeon 9200 or
better, or NVIDIA GeForce 4 Ti or better with 128MB video RAM. On the DxDiag
utility, I have a Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family that was factory
built in with 358MB memory, and 32-bit/60Hz display. Direct Draw, Direct 3D,
and AGP Texture Acceleration are all enabled. Minimally on the back of KOTOR
2 is a 32MB OpenGL 1.4 compliant AGP or PCX 3D Graphics Card with T&L
Capability.

And the Problem Reports and Solutons Windows Utility, it said that the fault
was a APPCRASH. Sorry for the technical jargon, but is it crashing because of
a hardware requirement issue or something else?