MY RECYCLE BIN WAS DELETED

Old April 25th 08, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jon Pope[_3_]

Default MY RECYCLE BIN WAS DELETED

any idea to get it restored
Old April 25th 08, 09:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ribeiro

Hi, Go to Control Panel\Personalization from right clicking over an
empty area of the desktop and there you will find Change Desktop Icons.
Recover Recycle Bin!

Cheers!

--
ribeiro
Old April 25th 08, 09:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP[_3_]

"Jon Pope" wrote in message
any idea to get it restored

Here is an excellent page all about deleting Recycle Bin, how to get it
back, and how to stop it happening in the future..

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...ecycle_bin.htm

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Old April 25th 08, 10:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Actually it is not dumb. Several of us beta testers argued with MS during
the beta about using the word "Delete" on that context menu. It is far too
easy to confuse "Empy the RC" with "Delete" since deleting is what Empty the
RC is doing. "Remove from Desktop" would be much better. But we lost.

Old April 26th 08, 04:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
GeraldF[_2_]

In article ,
says...

Here is an excellent page all about deleting Recycle Bin, how to get it
back, and how to stop it happening in the future..

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...ecycle_bin.htm

This was really helpful for me. Wonder why they put the
possibility of deleting it from context menu in first
place?

Glad that one is solved.
Old April 26th 08, 07:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Because someone high up in MS likes a completely empty desktop and thought
everyone should. I'm not joking.

"GeraldF" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Old April 26th 08, 01:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP[_3_]

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote in message
Because someone high up in MS likes a completely empty desktop and thought
everyone should. I'm not joking.

"GeraldF" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Here is an excellent page all about deleting Recycle Bin, how to get it
back, and how to stop it happening in the future..

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...ecycle_bin.htm

This was really helpful for me. Wonder why they put the
possibility of deleting it from context menu in first
place?

Glad that one is solved.

Presumably also responsible for the 'clean up unused desktop icons'
function.. :-)

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..