Old February 19th 07, 01:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ck

Default Screen goes blank after login

Thanks Pete.

I do have a Vista compatible driver but have contacted NVidia to see if they
know anything further about this problem...

"pete" wrote:

reset the resolution of the VGA monitor...Might need Vista capable drivers
for video card
peter
"CK" wrote in message
I've upgraded my Dell Precision notebook to Vista with an external monitor
and everytime I boot it up, I get to the login screen, put in the
password,
the Windows desktop displays for a second or so and then the screen goes
blank and the monitor comes up with a message that it can't display this
mode.

The only way to get this back is to unplug the VGA connection to the
monitor
and then plug it back in.

I'm using an NVIDIA Quadro with driver version 7.15.10.9746