VISTA WILL NOT Boot Unless USB DISABLED in BIOS

Old May 2nd 08, 07:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Sean Price[_2_]

Default VISTA WILL NOT Boot Unless USB DISABLED in BIOS

1'st things 1st,, I BELIEVE this is a seperate issue from my earlier
posts and I hope you agree and allow this very "different" email..

so THANK YOU and I appreciate it!

Problem: Vista will not load up Normal, once I get to account selection
screen, mouse and keyboard are unresponsive. REpair mode did not
resolve issue. Attempted various restore points from 4/23/08 going 30
days back. I can then select an account and Vista begins to load up but
keyboard unresponsive when initial programs load up, even using PS/2
device connection. Mouse still fuctions until....

System seems to "hang" after a "New Device Found" window pop up.
Windows will search for drivers for you. Then nothing.. I then lose
mouse control...

Attempted Fixes: I have tried a windows repair disk and no luck. I
have tried numerous restore points, same result.. I have EVEN tried to
access hard drive via UBUNTU Linux and Knoppix..with both systems not
being able to mount device..

Current Status: I have disabled USB support in the BIOS.. and now I
can get Vista to load up USING PS/2 devices...

but what do I do now?

1. I can't back up the data since no USB support hence no attaching
external devices such as usb hard drive..

2. How do I resolve issue, I should not have disable USB to have Vista
"function" should I

any and all help GREATLY appreciated..

THANK YOU!

oNe

--
Sean Price
Old May 2nd 08, 08:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
JW

Based on all of your previous posts I firmly believe that that your current
OS is now corrupted and you will have to rebuild it from scratch.
However, if you have an old Windows OS boot floppy or boot CD disk that
loads directly into memory then hopefully you will be able to copy out your
data files. Or if you have another system where you can install your HDD as
a non OS disk you should be able to see and copy out your data files.

Old May 2nd 08, 08:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Mick Murphy

Use vista's built-in Burning software, or Nero Express if your "friend" has
it installed; and copy Data to CD/DVD.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

Old May 2nd 08, 08:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
JerryM

Hi, Sean,

It looks like your operating system is fouled beyond repair.
You really need to start over again by re-installing Vista.

If you have a Vista CD, reboot with the CD installed.
If your system came already installed, there should be a partition with the
factory operating system on it,
and your owners manual will tell you how to access it.

Good Luck,
Jerry

Old May 4th 08, 01:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Grey[_3_]

With USB mouse and keyboard, when you boot if there has been a problem or
this is the first time it is in with there being no driver, they don't work,
normally, until you get into Windows whereupon they will be found and driver
installed then work if all is normal. If this does NOT happen in this way,
your hardware is junk or your drivers need downloading or reinstalling. My
guess is your hardware is junk but I may be wrong on that. I have seen it
before though.

Tip - get a normal keyboard and mouse and plug them in, wait until windows
is fully loaded then plug the USB ones in and use the normal ones to get the
drivers fully installed for the USB ones. Once all drivers are in and the
USB ones are working, reboot the machine and pull the others out leaving
only the USB ones in and see how it goes.