Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Forgot Admin Password: Windows Vista Home Basic

Old May 4th 08, 04:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Seeking

Default Forgot Admin Password: Windows Vista Home Basic

I forgot this and now I am not able to do some things. Please help me get
back my Admin Password.

I would hate to go thru a re-installation of Vista.

Thanks in advance and anticipation

Old May 4th 08, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
t-4-2[_98_]

Seeking;702404 Wrote:
I forgot this and now I am not able to do some things. Please help me
get
back my Admin Password.

I would hate to go thru a re-installation of Vista.

Thanks in advance and anticipation

Hello Seeking,
Is that the only admin account in your system ? It's important for me
to know first.

--
t-4-2
Old May 4th 08, 08:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Brink

Seeking;702404 Wrote:
I forgot this and now I am not able to do some things. Please help me
get
back my Admin Password.

I would hate to go thru a re-installation of Vista.

Thanks in advance and anticipation

Hi Seeking,

This tutorial will show you how to reset the password to gain access
again. If it is your only admin. account as t-4-2 posted, then you may
need to do Method Three.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...-password.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Old May 5th 08, 09:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Seeking

Dear t-4-2 and Brink

I have only this one Admin password, that I have forgotten. I was not even
aware that one could have more than 1 admin passwords!! In any case, I will
try the link that Brink has suggested and see what I can do. But I did not
understand what is meant by Method 3. I will get back to that later, though.

Thanks for not asking me to re-load Vista.

Best regards
Seeking

Old May 5th 08, 09:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
t-4-2[_98_]

"Brink" wrote:

Seeking;702404 Wrote:

Hi Seeking,

This tutorial will show you how to reset the password to gain access
again. If it is your only admin. account as t-4-2 posted, then you

may
need to do Method Three.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...-password.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

No, NO, Seeking. Not 2 admin passwords, 2 admin accounts with 2
different passwords. Method Three is the only option in that tutorial
you can use. The other ones are NOT applicable to you. If you run into
road block, post the question. Brink will be there to lead you along. He
is the guru.

--
t-4-2
Old May 5th 08, 11:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Seeking

Hello t-4-2

Thanks for your correction. I had meant 2 Admin accounts.

But I have only one admin account, for which I have forgotten the pswd.

I will try this said 'Method Three' when I am back at home on my home
computer.

Thanks a lot for your kind attention
Regards

Old May 5th 08, 04:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Seeking

Hello Brink

I have gone thru the "Method Three". Before I attempt it, my questions:

- does it work with Vista Home Basic (32 bit)?
- do I need a blank or any boot disc sort of thing? It seems like that.
Please confirm

Seems more complicated than it had sounded.

I do not have emails associated with the forgotten password, but I remember
whenever I had to download something, I had to provide this password. After I
reset the password, would I still be able to access those programs that I
have downloaded and installed using the existing (but forgotten) password?

Please help before I go completely crazy with this.

Thanks

Old May 5th 08, 07:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Brink

Seeking;703378 Wrote:
Hello Brink

I have gone thru the "Method Three". Before I attempt it, my questions:

- does it work with Vista Home Basic (32 bit)?
- do I need a blank or any boot disc sort of thing? It seems like that.
Please confirm

Seems more complicated than it had sounded.

I do not have emails associated with the forgotten password, but I
remember
whenever I had to download something, I had to provide this password.
After I
reset the password, would I still be able to access those programs that
have downloaded and installed using the existing (but forgotten)
password?

Please help before I go completely crazy with this.

Thanks

Seeking,

Yes, it will work on all Vista versions. It shows you how to create a
boot DVD (or USB flash drive, etc...) to use on your computer to reset
the password. If you have no access at all to your computer, then you
will need to create the boot DVD on a friend's or another computer and
use it on yours.

If your email messages have not been encrypted, then they will be fine.
It only applies to encrypted files since the encryption certificate is
tied to the user account password.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Old June 19th 08, 04:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Brink

"Seeking" wrote:

I forgot this and now I am not able to do some things. Please help me

get
back my Admin Password.

I would hate to go thru a re-installation of Vista.

Thanks in advance and anticipation

Hi Angels4u,

This tutorial will show you how to reset the password to gain access
again. If it is your only admin. account, then you may need to do Method
Three.

'Reset User Account Password'