Old February 19th 07, 07:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Gary McCready

Default Change Folder name for C:/Users/account_name

For those interested;
From Stephen Chen, Microsoft Windows Vista SupportProfessional
(Now this dude knew where I was trying to go, and got me there)!!!

1. Click "Start", type "Windows Easy Transfer" (without quotation marks) in
the "Start Search" field, and press "Enter".

2. When "Windows Easy Transfer" is launched, click "Next", choose "Start a
new transfer", choose "My old computer", choose "Use a CD, DVD, or other
removable media", and choose "External hard disk or to a network location".

3. Type "D:\user-account.mig" (without quotation marks), and click "Next".

Note: Now, we may need to save the current user account to a certain folder,
and please specify a folder and a name for it.

4. Click "Advanced options", make sure that the specific user account
profile is selected and other options are cleared, and click "Next".

5. Thus, the specific user account will be saved to "D:\user-account.mig"
(without quotation marks). When the transfer is completed, please click
"Close".

6. Let's launch "Windows Easy Transfer" again, click "Next", and choose
"Continue a transfer in progress".

7. Choose "No, I've copied files and settings to a CD, DVD, or other
removable media", choose "On an external hard disk or network location", type
"D:\user-account.mig" (without quotation marks), and click "Next".

8. When we are prompted to choose a username from the list, please type a
new username, click "Next", and click "Transfer".

Note: When we create a new user account, the original password is not
transferred, and when we log on with the new user account for the first time,
we will be required to create a password for it.

9. Thus, the old user account will be transferred to the new user account,
and the log-on username and the store folder will also be changed
respectively.

10. When the transfer is completed, please click "Close". When we are
prompted to log off, let's click "Yes", and log on with the new user account.