NX 7010 No video

Old November 30th 06, 02:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cyrebre

Default NX 7010 No video

I have had the problem when installing the RC1, but it's still present in the
RTM !!!
I've upgraded a Win XP to Vista, after the installation the os recognized a
generic VGA card. I tried to update the driver (with the "Update driver"
button in devices manager) with success but no display at reboot. I am using
a French RTM Vista Pro version.

Thanx for replies.
Old December 1st 06, 10:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard G. Harper

If this is an nVidia card, there are currently no supported drivers from
nVidia and this is causing a number of problems for folks with these cards.
You'll just have to wait until nVidia releases supported drivers.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...

Old December 4th 06, 07:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cyrebre

Hi all,

First of all, thanks for your fast replies.
The card a is mobility Radeaon 9200. I know this card is unsupported for the
aero interface, but should be working in the classic way...

I think the videobard is not recognized as it should be (9000 instead of
9200).
Found a solution:
- Connect via RDP to the computer,
- Install XP drivers from constructor (HP in this case)
- Reboot and go on.

But there are a lot of little bugs; for example the CPU counter is pink
shadowed, the desktop does not refresh automatically...

ATI has no drivers for this kind of card (begins @ 9600) and the one from
Microsoft does not work (The WHQL one !!!!)

Old December 16th 06, 11:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Benjamin Gawert

* Cyreb

The card a is mobility Radeaon 9200. I know this card is unsupported for the
aero interface, but should be working in the classic way...

I think the videobard is not recognized as it should be (9000 instead of
9200).

The HP nx7010 does have a Radeon Mobility 9000. It's just that the HP
drivers list it as Radeon Mobility 9000, but the GPU soldered on the
mainboard is a Radeon Mobility 9000. Which is not that bad because both
are identical GPUs with the only difference being the AGP interface
(9000 is AGP4x while 9200 is AGP8x)...

Benjamin
Old December 16th 06, 12:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

The 9000, 9100, and 9200 do not have onboard DX9 support and it appears that
ATI will not add that to dirvers using software for Vista like they did to
support MCE video especially since MS will not approve graphics cards for
Vista Premium that do not have onboard DX9 support.
* Cyreb

Old December 16th 06, 11:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Benjamin Gawert

* JW:

The 9000, 9100, and 9200 do not have onboard DX9 support

Right. These are DirectX 8.1 GPUs...

and it appears that
ATI will not add that to dirvers using software for Vista like they did to
support MCE video especially since MS will not approve graphics cards for
Vista Premium that do not have onboard DX9 support.

Aero requires a DirectX9 GPU that comes with WDDM drivers, so these GPUs
are out of the run.

Benjamin