Old February 21st 07, 01:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
aeroit

Default Unknown USB Device

Great stuff, now working, many thanks

"djrm" wrote:

Click "Locate and install drivers software (recommended)" then "I dont have
the disc show me other options" then "Browse my computer for driver software
(advanced)" Chose the location "C:\Windows" and make sure the "include
subfolders" is ticked. BINGO

Works with all hardware (well it should do)

"aeroit" wrote:

Unfortunately it made no difference for me

"Randor" wrote:

Hi!

Try this update.

It works for me.

Bye

-----------------------------------

Update for Windows Vista (KB925528)

Installation date: ‎2007-‎02-‎16 18:38

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Recommended

This is a reliability update. Install this update to resolve reliability
issues with some USB hardware devices and controllers. After you install
this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com

"aeroit" wrote in message
I have had problems with Home Premium edition not recognising some of my
USB
devices, USB memory sticks and my Sandisk Sansa e260 in particular (which
is
set to act as a mass storage device). I get the USB Device Unkown error

Having contacted Sandisk they informed me that I am missing the following
files

usbstore.inf
usbstore.sys

Whilst I can find similarly named files I can't find any information on
these two.

Regards,
Ian