Old February 22nd 07, 10:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
theBrave

Default Headphones doesn't shut speakers - How to find reference drivers ?

Hello,

Since I'm on Vista (Business 32bit), plugging headphones doesn't mute
speakers. I have tried latest Realtek drivers (as well as few others)
but without any result. I don't know what to do next.
Without drivers, Windows find a "High Definition Audio peripheral" but
only install a digital spdif output. Windows update doesn't allow me
to update to "real" drivers although they are said to be availlable
from Windows Update. I already have tried all drivers I could find on
the net, so I don't know what to do next.
If you need any more information about my system, contact me.

Thank you very much.

Jean

ALC660 HD Audio Codec:
http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Pro...0Audio&oid=226