Save using browse

« - | - »

Old June 14th 08, 02:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Avery Tom Deacon Harry[_2_]

Default Save using browse

I said on another post "A simple lesson in life that Microsoft seem to have
difficulty learning is "if it aint broke then don't fix it"".
When downloading a file from the net you can no longer Browse to where the
file is to go. I realise that one can still get to a sort of Browse mechanism
but only in a round about way, not directly.
Old June 14th 08, 08:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Dave

Are you are downloading files with Internet Explorer 7?
You go to download a file, a box pops up, it shows you the default folder,
but you can
navigate to a different one if you wish, and save.
Next time, it should go to the same folder.

In FireFox, there's a setting, where you tell it what folder to save to. It
saves files there, every time.

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Old June 17th 08, 04:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
SG[_3_]

"Avery Tom Deacon Harry"
wrote in message ...
I said on another post "A simple lesson in life that Microsoft seem to have
difficulty learning is "if it aint broke then don't fix it"".
When downloading a file from the net you can no longer Browse to where the
file is to go. I realise that one can still get to a sort of Browse
mechanism
but only in a round about way, not directly.

Hi,

Can you explain more about this round about way you are talking about?

--
All the best,
SG

Is your computer system ready for Vista?
https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/
Want to keep up with the latest news from MS?
http://news.google.com/nwshp?tab=wn&ned=us&topic=t
Just type in Microsoft

Old June 22nd 08, 07:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Avery Tom Deacon Harry[_2_]

The roundabout way:-
1/ Open windows explorer, 2/ navigate to the required folder, 3/ copy the
folder address onto the clipboard, 4/ paste the new address into the address
bar at the top of the "save as" window and click the green arrow box to go to
that folder, 5/ click save (giving the file a new name if needed).
Like I said...needless hassle.

Old June 27th 08, 06:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
SG[_3_]

"Avery Tom Deacon Harry"
wrote in message ...
The roundabout way:-
1/ Open windows explorer, 2/ navigate to the required folder, 3/ copy the
folder address onto the clipboard, 4/ paste the new address into the
address
bar at the top of the "save as" window and click the green arrow box to go
that folder, 5/ click save (giving the file a new name if needed).
Like I said...needless hassle.

"SG" wrote:

"Avery Tom Deacon Harry"
wrote in message
I said on another post "A simple lesson in life that Microsoft seem to
have
difficulty learning is "if it aint broke then don't fix it"".
When downloading a file from the net you can no longer Browse to where
the
file is to go. I realise that one can still get to a sort of Browse
mechanism
but only in a round about way, not directly.

Hi,

Can you explain more about this round about way you are talking about?

--
All the best,
SG

Is your computer system ready for Vista?
https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/
Want to keep up with the latest news from MS?
http://news.google.com/nwshp?tab=wn&ned=us&topic=t
Just type in Microsoft

Well that's for sure a round about way :)
The browse feature was fine, but the new way for Vista for me is fine as
well.
When the prompt for download appears I select Save
The Save As windows appears
In the left hand column I can choose Desktop etc. or More
I select More and have several choices and can create a New Folder from
within any of these.