ERASING FILES OR DOCUMENTS

Old June 25th 08, 12:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
RAUL

Default ERASING FILES OR DOCUMENTS

I DONWLOADED SOME FILES FROM LIMEWIRE, THEN I ERASED THEM FROM WHERE THEY
WERE, AND NOW WHEN I SEARCH THEM ON WINDOWS, THEY STILL ARE THERE, BUT WHEN I
TRY TO ERASE THEM AGAIN IT APPEARS TO BE A PROBLEM BECAUSE IT SAYS THAT IVE
MOVED THEM OR THEY COULD NOT BE FOUND ANYMORE SO THEY COULD NOT BE ERASED AND
THEN IT GIVE ME TWO OPTIONS, RETRY OR CANCEL.
WHAT CAN I DO????? I WANT TO ERASE THEM
THANKS
Old June 25th 08, 01:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
locoeng

Have you checked your recycle bin?

--
locoeng

Vista Ultimate 32/64 bit dual boot
Gigabyte EP35 DS3R
XFX GeForce 8600GT
Corsair 520HX
G.Skill DDR II 800 X2 gigs
Seagate 120GB (IDE) X2
WD 750 (SATA)
Samsung SH203B SBO3 patched codeking
Pioneer 215L patched MCSE
NEC/Optiarc 7200S 1.06bt Liggy&Dee
Lite-On 20A1L BL06 -FB FBL EOS EOHT 6-
Old June 25th 08, 03:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Dave

They are still included in the Search index.
To refresh the index, go to
Start - Control Panel - Indexing Options - Advanced - Rebuild

this will take a while....
or just wait, and the index will rebuild itself, and the entries for these
deleted files will go away.

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Old June 26th 08, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
R. C. White

Hi, Raul.

As Dave says, it may take a few days for Search to update the Index, because
it works only in the background so that it doesn't interfere with work you
are trying to get done in the foreground. If you are careful to shut down
the computer as soon as you are finished for the day, it may not get enough
background time for several days. Try leaving the computer running
overnight - or while you go to lunch.

To check on progress, click Control Panel | Indexing Options. Most of the
time it will report that its work is slowed due to user activity; eventually
it will change to "Indexing complete". If you click Modify or Advanced and
change anything, it may have to start over and rebuild the Index.

(And please turn off the CAPS LOCK. It seems that you are SHOUTING at US!)

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX