Sidebar gadgets as seen on the windows vista features site

Old December 7th 06, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Helge Ringberg

Default Sidebar gadgets as seen on the windows vista features site

If you look at this site (
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...e/sidebar.mspx ) you
see a picture of a desktop and then also the sidebar.
What I cant seem to figure out how to add to my sidebar is how they got the
recycle bin there, that box with 4 icons (notepad, paint, a deck of cards and
a post it block) or the email thingy with a number 9 on it.

Can anyone please help me with how to get these things?
Old December 7th 06, 05:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
mikeyhsd

if you have SIDE BAR running, right click on it and check for ADD Gadgets.
if sidebar is not running, then Start All Programs and click on Windows Sidebar.

Old December 7th 06, 05:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Helge Ringberg

yes i know that, but the recycle bin is not there to add, nor is the
collection of the four icons nor the email thingy.
Old December 7th 06, 06:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Nathanial Woolls

"Helge Ringberg" wrote in message
yes i know that, but the recycle bin is not there to add, nor is the
collection of the four icons nor the email thingy.

Click the "Get more gadgets online" thingy.

Old December 7th 06, 07:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Helge Ringberg

tried that too, they are not to be found there though.

How can i send an email to microsoft people?
Old December 7th 06, 10:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
mikeyhsd

found the recycle bin thingy.
add gadgets, get more gadgets on line, use search for recycle.

Old December 8th 06, 07:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Ronnie Vernon MVP

You did not look hard enough. There are 144 Gadgets listed in the online
gadget website. Click All Categories or use the search to find them.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Old December 8th 06, 10:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Al Biheiri

you wont find it...it came out in one of the pre-release versions.. I
remember
then they dropped it all of a sudden...

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote in message
You did not look hard enough. There are 144 Gadgets listed in the online
gadget website. Click All Categories or use the search to find them.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Helge Ringberg" wrote in
message ...

Old December 9th 06, 01:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Ray

I'm surprised that there isn't a gadget for Live messenger, I had one set up
in XP that worked really nice.

Ray