IE7/Vista has ceased printing

Old July 1st 08, 07:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Default IE7/Vista has ceased printing

Forwarded to Vista Print_Fax+Scan newsgroup via crosspost.

Look in Control Panel | Security | Windows Update | View installed updates
and tell us what update was installed on 26 Jun-08 (e.g., KB952709).
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Bruce in OK wrote:
I received an automatic update to my computer on June 26. Since that
time,
IE7 has failed to print. It says it is printing, but when I put the
cursor
on the printer icon in the bottom tool bar, it says there are no print
jobs
in que. The computer still prints from Word. I have an XP machine
networked to the computer and it will still print through IE. Has anyone
else had this problem or point me in the appropriate direction? Thanks.

Old July 12th 08, 01:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Jacky

Hi Bruce,

I'm having the similar issue, but did not notice when the problem started
(since not printing from IE for long time).

Anyway, my antivirus program is Avast Home edition, printer is HP C6180 and
the problem terminal OS is Vista Ultimate. Problem observed is that printing
on all other programs are doing perfectly, but IE7 is not producing any print
output always empty screen on print preview.

I had tried toggling on and off the 'Protected Mode' setting but it does not
show any differences. Similar setting is on my 2 other terminals, except the
OS are both XP. Thus, I'm pretty convinced that the problem is from Vista
(not too sure is IE7 program is same for Vista and XP not an area for you
all to look into).

This is really very inconvenience. Hope to receive a solution fast. Or
faster release your IE8, hope it does not possess the same problem.

Old July 13th 08, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Robert Aldwinckle

"Jacky" wrote in message
Hi Bruce,

It says it is printing, but when I put the cursor on the printer icon
in the bottom tool bar, it says there are no print jobs in que.

I'm having the similar issue,

output always empty screen on print preview.

Hardly "similar", probably not even related
but your case is more of a FAQ I think...

For example,

http://www.windowsbbs.com/showpost.p...38&postcount=4

(Live Search for
"print preview" blank regsvr32
)

quote author="Bill Castner"
Start, Run, regsvr32 ole32.dll
Reboot and test.

That usually sorts this issue.

/quote

In Vista's case it may not be sufficient just to use Run... to issue
that regsv32.exe command. E.g. perhaps you will need to start
a Command Prompt using Run As... Administrator to get sufficient
authority to do that.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---