Vista Banter

-   -   LifeCam VX3000 problems with MS-Messenger live (http://www.vistabanter.com/133471-lifecam-vx3000-problems-ms-messenger-live.html)

Kevin S Gallagher July 16th 08 06:41 PM

LifeCam VX3000 problems with MS-Messenger live

I installed a LifeCam VX3000 on my Windows Vista SP1 machine which installed
just fine and works locally as in viewing, taking pictures and videos. My
problem is MS-Messenger Live will not recognize the cam nor will Yahoo
messenger.

Any thoughts on directions I can take to fix the recognition and inability
to stream to the web?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kecia September 11th 08 05:49 PM

LifeCam VX3000 problems with MS-Messenger live

Kevin, Try running the Audio / Video Tuning wizard and Windows Live
Messenger. It should be under Tools, then Audio and Video setup. Make sure
the VX-3000 is selected.

Also, note that not more than one program at a time can get video from the
camera. So in order to use it in Messenger, you MUST shut down the LifeCam
application first.