Old February 26th 07, 06:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
William Biesty

Default need status screen for hiberbnate

While playing with the power options, I configured the (is it still called
the "Start" menu?) power button to hibernate. When I clicked on it the
behavior was the same as Sleep, except key presses beeped and power
eventually turned off.

Why not a screen that says "Windows is hibernating...." with that colorful
"elipsis" bar?

Also, which one wins, Sleep or Hibernate in n minutes?

On the screen saver window, have an option to directly set Sleep/Hibernate
if on battery power. These things really go together.
--
--William

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices