Old February 26th 07, 08:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JamesL

Default Vista doesn't recognize Travel Drive

Thanks for the info...but that didn't make the slightest sense to me...sorry...

"Rafal Kubiak" wrote:

I have a Memorex U3 Travel Drive. Vista sees the drive in My Computer
[both
the install files and the data folder (not the contents)]. However I
cannot
access the drive. Took it out and tried it in old XP machine---fine. I
contacted Memorex and they said they didn't have updated drivers and my
never
have them for this device. Any ideas?????

I'm seriously scared that MS does not care about our Storage Devices in
Windows Vista. I won fight with my new 4GB Pendrive which don't want to work
with Vista (any other system including any Linux has no problem to recognize
it!). I've just installed driver from XP. Try to reinstall driver with this
procedure.
Just place in some location usbsor.inf from INF directory from Windows XP
and usbstor.sys from Windows\System32\drivers from XP. In the same directory
place volume.inf and volume.sys from Windows Vista. And then try to install
drivers once again pointing to folder where you placed this files.