Vista Banter

-   -   Adaptec 2940 U/UW (http://www.vistabanter.com/13546-adaptec-2940-u-uw.html)

Reinaldo Gomes December 12th 06 09:53 PM

Adaptec 2940 U/UW

How can I put this controler to work in Vista?
My disks are SCSI and without the controler they aren't available for
install?
Anyone have a solution?
Not considering the option to buy a new one.

dev December 12th 06 10:51 PM

Adaptec 2940 U/UW

http://www.adaptec.com/

Eric Furness December 13th 06 03:03 PM

Adaptec 2940 U/UW

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 22:53:58 -0000, "Reinaldo Gomes"
wrote:

How can I put this controler to work in Vista?
My disks are SCSI and without the controler they aren't available for
install?
Anyone have a solution?
Not considering the option to buy a new one.

I was able to get the XP driver to work. It is normally included in
XP, but I was able to find it on the Adapted site. I use it for a
tape drive, don't know if you can make a floppy to use for install to
scsi drive during Vista install.

Eric

roman modic December 13th 06 07:23 PM

Adaptec 2940 U/UW

Hello!

wrote:

How can I put this controler to work in Vista?
My disks are SCSI and without the controler they aren't available for
install?
Anyone have a solution?
Not considering the option to buy a new one.

I was able to get the XP driver to work. It is normally included in
XP, but I was able to find it on the Adapted site. I use it for a
tape drive, don't know if you can make a floppy to use for install to
scsi drive during Vista install.

Fortunately you don't need floppy in Vista - you can put it
on the USB memory key!

Roman