Vista and CD/DVD burning

Old December 12th 06, 11:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
acemls

Default Vista and CD/DVD burning

I am having same Problem as BurrWalnut. I have not Installed Nero, and I don't
have AOL, and I have been a Computer Tech all my Life, and I love Vista, I
have gotten everything to work, or Microsoft has sent me an update, that
fixes the Problem within 2 Hours of sending the Error to them. The only
problem, is I can't get Vista to Burn anything. Seems to only work with
Music and Video. I can Erase DVD also, but if I drag a Data File to the DVD,
or use Media Player and Drag a Data File to the Drag Widow, I get a Red
Circle with a Cross thru it like a "Wrong Way" sign on a Road. Nothing in
Help seems to work on this subject. Any Suggestions? I have this Machine
in Dual Boot with XPH, and Nero or XP has no Problems with Burning with the
Same Drive. I also get this Stupid Message that my Video Card won't support
DVD Burning. What does the Video Card have to do with Burning a Data Disk,
or even with Burning a DVD, I'm not watching the Movie, I just want to Burn
it, and I surely don't want to watch the Data Burn!! Video Card works fine
in Windows Vista and XP, and it's a Rage 64 PCI by ATI, a top of the Line
Video Card!!

Can anyone help me! I guess I'm going to go back to XP to Burn my CD's and
DVD's until they fix this!

Mike

704-200-0700

"BurrWalnut" wrote:

It won't help you to know that I'm using the Vista burning tool to burn CDs
and DVDs via right-click 'Send To' and selecting the DVD-RW drive. It then
formats the disk and copies the data.

I didn't bother to install Nero and would suggest you uninstall it then
delete 2 registry keys :-

Start, Run, type regedit and navigate to registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters
values. Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them. Close
regedit and restart the computer. If in doubt make a restore point before
making the deletions.

Old December 13th 06, 02:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BobC

You may wish to try Imgburn.
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cd...ls/imgburn.cfm
Rgds