Vista 64 with AMD Turin Dell 1501 usb drivers

Old December 13th 06, 12:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
wcr

Default Vista 64 with AMD Turin Dell 1501 usb drivers

I am having problems with the usb drivers on the Vista Ultimate edition on a
fresh install . I cannot locate a driver. I installed microsoft streets and
trips 2007 with gps and vista will not recognize the supplied driver. The
product support team told me Vista is still in development and there are no
drivers available.... Any help please.
Old December 13th 06, 12:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Johnathonm

Sadly,

That's the cop-out for so many manufacturers. The irony is that vista is
out and has been for several weeks now to business and corporate customers.
But hey, we don't count or need drivers!

Old December 13th 06, 03:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
wcr

Yes, I guess I just have to wait, dell advertised the computer as Vista
capable and offered Microsoft Streets and trips 2006 as an add on, I thought
MS&T 2007 would also be Vista capable, Thanks for the response.

Old March 3rd 07, 08:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barb Bowman

I solved this issue by throwing $99 at it to get the bluetooth
adapter for the GPS that comes with S&T. That is working for me in
Vista x64. I had a hack for XP x64 USB, but this is an unsigned
driver so you'd have to press F8 each time you booted and load
unsigned drivers (if it works at all).

http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/b...t+Support.aspx

--

Barb Bowman