Old February 27th 07, 09:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard G. Harper

Default plug n play devices

Carefully. :-)

Go to your computer or motherboard manufacturer's site and check for updated
drivers, follow installation instructions that are given on the site or with
the drivers. Click the link I gave you to read about and download the USB
Filter update, then install it.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...

"William" wrote in message
No. I am a novice. How?

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

Have you downloaded any updated drivers for your motherboard, USB hubs or
chipsets, and maybe the USB Update for Vista?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925528

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...
http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/

"William" William @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I am having alot of trouble with my new wireless microsoft mouse and ten
key...both are supposedly "plug n play" devices. But neither work.
Vista
asks
me to install drivers on plug n play...HELP!!!!

I have gone to the manufacturers site and downloaded both drivers and
nothing works. I wish I had stayed with XP. All this trouble is not
worth
it.