Cannot Create Fax Account

Old August 12th 08, 12:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Domini

Default Cannot Create Fax Account

Hia All.
I am unable to find anything resembling a Fax Account setup on my
Windows Vista Home Premium machine.

I have search the Web extensively to try and resolve this issue, but
have had no luck.

Everybody says you need to go to "Scan and Fax", under All Programs. My
problem is that I have no such menu option anywhere.

Can you please help me out.

--
Domini

Old August 12th 08, 02:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
bjr

Fax is available on Ultimate and Business, not Basic or Premium. You can
get free or cheap fax software (use google to find it)

Old August 12th 08, 07:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
H[_3_]

There is no fax in Premium but here you go ----check out RKSSOFTWARE at
www.rkssoftware.com ( you didnt search very well)

news

Old August 12th 08, 08:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Ken Blake, MVP

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:36:57 +0100, Domini
wrote:

Hia All.
I am unable to find anything resembling a Fax Account setup on my
Windows Vista Home Premium machine.

I have search the Web extensively to try and resolve this issue, but
have had no luck.

Everybody says you need to go to "Scan and Fax", under All Programs. My
problem is that I have no such menu option anywhere.

Neither Vista Home Basic nor Vista Home Premium come with fax
capability. You need one of the higher versions for that.

Although upgrading to a higher version of Vista is a choice, a cheaper
alternative is buying of the several inexpensive third-party fax
programs available.

Another choice is buying a stand-alone fax machine. I bought my fax
machine for $20 on sale.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Old August 13th 08, 06:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I]

These Fax products work under Vista:

Snappy Fax
http://www.snappysoftware.com/
RKSFax
http://www.rkssoftware.com/rksfax/overview.html
VentaFax
http://www.ventafax.com/
FaxTalk FaxCenter Pro 7.5
http://www.faxtalk.com/products/ftfcp/index.htm

I've seen reports that the free version of BVRP works with Vista also:

http://www.usr.com/bvrp/bvrp.asp
BVRP PhoneTools

Since the above comes bundled with new USR modems, I don't know if it will
work with non-USR modems. You can also send Faxes via your Internet
connection provided you are willing to pay for an Internet E-Faxing service:

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/serv...tm#internetfax
Personal Fax Services - Internet Fax
http://www.savetz.com/fax/
FAQ: How can I send a fax from the Internet?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

Old August 14th 08, 05:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Domini[_2_]

Thanks alot for the replies guys. I will be upgrading to Vista Business
to sort out the issue.

Cheers, and have a good one.
Tjaard.

--
Domini

Old August 14th 08, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Ken Blake, MVP

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 06:55:58 +0100, Domini
wrote:

Thanks alot for the replies guys. I will be upgrading to Vista Business
to sort out the issue.

You're welcome, but upgrading just for the fax capability? That's a
very expensive way to go. It's much cheaper, as I said, to buy a
third-party fax program. Hal gave you several choices.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Old September 12th 08, 12:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Russ

Just remember that you are losing your DVD player when you "upgrade" to Vista
Business! But you can download the old "Media Player Classic" (A very old
program) to do that.