Lost HP Drivers

Old August 16th 08, 02:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
pgonza02

Default Lost HP Drivers

Hi,
I had to remove my printer from my laptop and when I tried to reinstall it
Windows cannot find the driver. I tried adding it manually and HP does not
even show up as a manufacturer.
I tried contacting HP and they just said that the driver should be built
into Vista and they don't have one they can provide.
My printer is an HP Deskjet 5650 and my laptop is running Vista Business
32-bit SP1.

Any idea?
TIA
Old August 16th 08, 05:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Tom ferguson

Make sure the printer is _not_ connected to the computer. If it is, unplug
it and shut the computer down. Restart. After the desktop appears, Navigate
to Control Panel Printers. Add a printer. Local printer. Use an
existing port. File. After the install is complete, plug the printer in.
It should be detected and installed. It should be set as the default.

Let us know.
--

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

Old August 17th 08, 05:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Mick Murphy

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=2093&lang=en#

Go to the page at HP above for instructions on how to install the Vista
Driver for the printer, from your operating Stystem.
HP has a very good search engine re drivers, and info for installing!!!!!!!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

Old August 18th 08, 05:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Bob Headrick

"pgonza02" wrote in message
Hi,
I had to remove my printer from my laptop and when I tried to reinstall it
Windows cannot find the driver. I tried adding it manually and HP does not
even show up as a manufacturer.

The following may help:
http://www.texxors.com/2007/05/09/ho...-a-new-device/

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old August 18th 08, 07:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
pgonza02[_2_]

That's the first thing I tried...no luck, Windows does not recognize the
device. That's the same answer HP gave me
When trying the manual process HP does not show up as a manufacturer.

TIA.

Old August 18th 08, 07:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Have you updated to Vista SP1? There was a fix in SP1 in the core setup
files that blocked plug and play from locating the any inbox drivers.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

Old August 19th 08, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Rainald Taesler

pgonza02 wrote:

I had to remove my printer from my laptop and when I tried to
reinstall it Windows cannot find the driver. I tried adding it
manually and HP does not even show up as a manufacturer.
I tried contacting HP and they just said that the driver should be
built into Vista and they don't have one they can provide.
My printer is an HP Deskjet 5650 and my laptop is running Vista
Business 32-bit SP1.

Does it happen to be a printer with USB interface?

Rainald

Old August 31st 08, 08:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
pgonza02[_2_]

I finally fixed the problem.
After some thinking, I realized that my desktop had the printer configured
fine so I shared it and connected to it from the laptop. This forced the
drivers to be copied down to the laptop.
After that, I was able to connect the printer directly to the laptop (or
through my NAS) and the HP printer drivers were available once again.

I should email HP and let them know so they can think a little themselves.

Thanks for the ideas from the group.