Old March 1st 07, 12:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Arf_

Default Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit? 64bit?

"Steve Jain" wrote:

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:21:38 -0500, "Puppy Breath"
wrote:

Be careful though. It's hard enough to get drivers for 32-bit Vista. 64-bit
is even worse. (Not related to your apps, but obviously you need your
hardware to work too).

Yes, before you purchase anything for x64 Vista make sure you
double-chekc with the vendor for an x64 compatible driver. They don't
necessarily need to be x64 Vista, as some x64 2003 drivers work just
fine, as long as they're WHQL.

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP

Awesome gents. Thanks for the ino Dustin Harper, Puppy Breath and Steve
Jain. Got some very useful info. I will double check. Something I forgot to
mention I am a hard core gamer and will be using DX10 both for developemnt as
well as playing crysis, Unreal III and so on, I should be ok with drivers?
Again cheers chaps.