Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 problem

Old September 9th 08, 06:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tom

Default Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 problem

Hello,
I bought the Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 one month ago and installed it
using this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952818/en-us

Everything was fine for a month, until yesterday, when I simply couldn't
move the mouse. I replaced the batteries but it didn't work. I tried to add
the mouse again, but Vista can't seem to recognize it. I gave the mouse to my
friend, and his computer was able to locate the mouse and use it, so it's not
a problem with the mouse. I followed again the article, to make sure the
bluetooth device is on, and everything is correctly configured.

How do I fix this?
Thanks
Old September 9th 08, 08:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

Have you checked with your notebook vendor to see it they have an updated
driver for their Bluetooth receiver?
Does the Bluetooth receiver show as working normally in device manager?

Old September 9th 08, 09:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tom

Everything is fine in the device manager (no exclamation marks), and I have
downloaded the latest driver for my bluetooth from the HP website, which
suits specifically my model (HP pavilion dv9750ej).
What else can I do?...

Old September 9th 08, 09:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

If you go to the Bluetooth icon in control panel and then push the reset
button on the mouse and then tell control panel to search for the mouse does
it find it? Is the mouse turned on when you do this? If it finds it do you
then tell it not to use any security ( I forget the term that is used)?
When you are charging the mouse in the cradle does a red or green light come
on?

Old September 9th 08, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tom

I followed the instructions on the Microsoft article, so I already did all
the thing you said. It can't find it when it search for it after the reset,
even when the light blinks red-green, and this model doesn't even have a
cradle.. And I don't even get to the part when it ask me if I want it to be
secured or not (If I want to use a passkey..)
What should I do now?

Old September 9th 08, 11:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

I have to admit I am pretty much out of ideas.
Do you have another mouse on the system? If yes does it work without
problem?
If yes do both mice show up in Control Panel/Mouse/Hardware?

Old September 10th 08, 05:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tom

It's a laptop, so I have the touchpad working. When I go to hardware, I can
see both mice, (also the microsoft bluetooth mouse) and they both said to be
'working properly'. Should I uninstall it?

Old September 10th 08, 09:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tom

I uninstalled it, and after I restarted my computer it installed it again,
and the same thing happens, and I can't connect my mouse..
What is the next step?

Old March 12th 09, 07:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
sahome[_2_]

Hi Tom,

try to check if you're using the standard Bluetooth Manager that came
with Vista or if you have something else installed e.g. widcom or
BlueSoleil.

I had BlueSoleil and after I de installed it ... vola.. vista was able
to install the driver automatically after a reconnect.

Regards
Stefan

--
sahome