Zune Software Installation Failure

Old September 26th 08, 05:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bryan - KI6ILS

Default Zune Software Installation Failure

Good morning,

I have tried and tried to install the new version of the Zune software
on my Windows Vista Ultimate machine. I tried installing the normal
method, as Administrator, logging in with the Administrator account,
even copying the install folder out of the Temp folder into the root of
C to see if that will work. Nothing, I get the same error.

Zune Software

Installation Failed

Setup must stop because the required package 'Zune' didn't install.

Fatal error during installation.

Error code: 0x80070643

Old October 6th 08, 08:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
signet56

i have that same issue. exact replica, except i dont have the ultimate.
I dont think its that, i think its something else. But i dont know
what. It sucks i really like zune and i paid over 250 for the thing and
its all shiny brand new and i cant use it. I am getting the same error
message though to make things more clear for you with me but i have
32-bit vista home premium

--
signet56
Old October 6th 08, 09:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Zoloft

are you by any chance attempting to install it onto external usb hard
drive? I made that mistake at first, and had the same issue. When I
installed to my primary internal, I had no problem.

--
Zoloft

"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you
pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother
Night."
Old October 7th 08, 09:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
signet56

Yeah I dont really get the whole controlling the file destination
download...i didnt try to do it external...but this zune thing is really
something ive read and listened to pod casts...its so great...but i cant
freakin use it..haha...well keep me posted...ive been given the loop
with the zune team vista team and even my computer vendor wants to
charge me 35 dollars just for tech support... so frustrating...

--
signet56
Old January 12th 09, 12:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
AnimalMan29

I have the same issue on a Vista Business Ultimate laptop. All of the
Windows updates have been applied. I have made sure all unnecessary
programs are off, including my anti-virus program. It installed and runs
fine on another identical laptop. I have even tried a work around using
the zunevista.exe and the zune-x86.msi files. I watch it almost complete
the installation then just quit and roll it back off.

--
AnimalMan29

Old September 4th 09, 12:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
computerman1983

Bryan - KI6ILS;1008253 Wrote:
Good morning,

I have tried and tried to install the new version of the Zune software
on my Windows Vista Ultimate machine. I tried installing the normal
method, as Administrator, logging in with the Administrator account,
even copying the install folder out of the Temp folder into the root
of
C to see if that will work. Nothing, I get the same error.

Zune Software

Installation Failed

Setup must stop because the required package 'Zune' didn't install.

Fatal error during installation.

Error code: 0x80070643

'A required component cannot be installed when you try to install the
Zune software' (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=101253)

I have the same problem did anyone find a solution? Please help this
buggs me to no end. Thanks!

--
computerman1983

Old September 4th 09, 11:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Try:
http://mitrforall.googlepages.com/zunetec73

--