Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Help needed with Problem Reports

Old October 31st 08, 12:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Steve St Denis

Default Help needed with Problem Reports

Can someone help me with two problem reports I have,
thanks
Steve
I'm running Windows Vista Premium on a HP Paviliondv7 computer, I have gone
into Control Panel and click on Problem Reports and solutions and there are
2 problem REPORTS, first one is called QPCAPSVC
Product
QPCapSvc

Problem
Service Hang Report

Date
30/10/2008 7:53 PM

Status
Report Sent

Description
Service QuickPlay Background Capture Service (QBCS) hung on starting.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: ServiceHang
Service Name: QPCapSvc
Image Name: QPCapSvc.exe"
Image Version: 0.0.0.0
Service Type: 110
Start Type: 2
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 46464932

And the second problem is, 28 Problems called QPSCHED

Product
QPSched

Problem
Service Hang Report

Date
28/10/2008 3:24 PM

Status
Report Sent

Description
Service QuickPlay Task Scheduler (QTS) hung on starting.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: ServiceHang
Service Name: QPSched
Image Name: QPSched.exe"
Image Version: 0.0.0.0
Service Type: 110
Start Type: 2
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 67045211

Steve

Old October 31st 08, 09:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Rick Rogers

Hi,

Check with HP for an update to its QuickPlay software. Both are related to
that feature of HP's laptops, they aren't part of Vista.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Old November 2nd 08, 11:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
pooch

Hey Steve,

If your computer is running ok I wouldn't pay to much attention to
these reports, if they have been sent to microsoft you will maybe
receive some feedback sometimes

also if you feel that you have no problems you can even try deleting
these reports,
it shouldn't harm anything

Pooch

--