Old March 5th 07, 08:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
cres

Default My sound blaster live, worked, but is not working anymore

Hello Marco, I don´t know why Microsoft didn't include drivers on win
Vista, when He did ii with Win XP...

Althought the responsability is from Creative who should give support for
his clients, on my opinion, also Microsoft could do any effort (I think
little) by doing thinks right, complete, because sound blaster live work but
in stereo, not on 5.1 configuration.

I think if you change O.S. from Win XP to Win Vista, You have to say good
bye your great Sound Blaster live ! 5.1 (5.1 sound configuration), and you
will be forced to buy a new one to use 5.1.

"Marco" wrote:

Do you know why Microsoft did that? Isn't suppose all the future sound all be
5.1 or higher?

Marco

"cres" wrote:

"Marco" wrote:

Hi guys,

It seems that Creative Sound Blaster don't want to develope drivers for my
Sound Card. I had lucky, yesterday I tried o install it again. So I told
Visto to look for drivers im my old XP instalation and Vista found some WDM
driver. and it's workin. It even found the driver for the game port, but it
seems that the game port require a lot of CPU resources.

Regards,
marco

Hello Marco, the problem is that windows Vista don't recognize 5.1
Sourround function, anly stereo sound. A great disadvantage for you.

I hope to find a drivers that working fine, with 5.1 sound.
Microsoft, at the moment don´t give support for correct drivers...