Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista and Games (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-games/)
-   -   Silent Hunter 4 (http://www.vistabanter.com/148326-silent-hunter-4-a.html)

TheITStudent December 5th 08 05:56 PM

Silent Hunter 4

I've had major problems with the above game. its been so bad that I now
want to uninstall it but Vista doesn't seem to be able to do it. Can
anybody help with this problem and does anybody have any advice on
getting the game to work?

:sa:

--
TheITStudent

Monica Lewinsky December 6th 08 08:41 PM

Silent Hunter 4

Give this place a try:

'www.subsim.com' (http://www.subsim.com)

There's a PC forum in the General Topic area.

Also you might want to do a search before posting your problem and find
it solved already?

--
Monica Lewinsky

[image: http://learnabit.homeserver.com/LAB/monica_moving.gif]

wjm1663[_3_] September 10th 09 12:18 AM

Silent Hunter 4

"major problems" isn't a very detailed description.I had no problem
running it on a Vista home premium laptop,although the cursor is a
little dodgy, probably because the game is stressing my laptop video
card.

--
wjm1663
wjm1663's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/123319.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Arclight September 29th 09 04:09 AM

Silent Hunter 4

Here's the best web-site for SH4 help:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202

Dusty[_2_] November 14th 09 06:32 PM

Silent Hunter 4

"wjm1663" wrote in message

"major problems" isn't a very detailed description.I had no problem
running it on a Vista home premium laptop,although the cursor is a
little dodgy, probably because the game is stressing my laptop video
card.

Indeed, I run SH4 on my laptop just fine, well, I do have a bit of a slow
down when I have the Time Compression set above 2k (traveling the vast,
fairly empty, space of the Pacific Ocean). But otherwise, no complaints.

Perhaps his issue is more of an OE or RTFM error instead of a problem with
Vista... (snicker)