Losing new contacts on phone

Old December 12th 08, 11:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bruce in IL

Default Losing new contacts on phone

When I sync my Samsung Ace with Outlook, all new entries on the phone
are lost. Everything does, however, sync properly from my computer TO
the phone. What am I doing wrong?

--
Bruce in IL
Old December 13th 08, 12:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Josh White

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 18:41:56 -0600, Bruce in IL
wrote:

When I sync my Samsung Ace with Outlook, all new entries on the phone
are lost. Everything does, however, sync properly from my computer TO
the phone. What am I doing wrong?

First... you are posting to the wrong group. This should be in an
Outlook group.

that might be pertinent.

(crossposted to microsoft.public.outlook.general)

PJ White
Old December 13th 08, 03:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bruce in IL

I originally posted to the Outlook group and I was told that it was
posted to the wrong group there; that it wasn't an Outlook problem, but
a sync problem. I use Outlook 2003.

The main issue is that if I enter a new contact on the phone, when I
sync it disappears. I've lost many numbers this way. It seems as
though the sync only copies what's on my computer to the phone, not the
other direction.

--
Bruce in IL
Old December 13th 08, 08:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Outlook plays no part in synching except as the passive repository for the
data to be synched.

Try posting to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Josh White asked:

Old December 14th 08, 12:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_]

The forum conversation below might help you out:

http://social.microsoft.com/forums/e...-8df7722479e4/

It isn't exactly addressing the question you are asking - but might point
you in the right direction. Be sure you have the latest synch software
(ActiveSynch is now Windows Mobile Device Center).

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ce-center.mspx

Old December 15th 08, 02:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

The problem is with the settings in the sync software - you have it set to
keep outlook, not two way sync.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email: