Creative Modem Blaster PCI Value DI5652-1

Old January 14th 09, 10:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Stewart Berman

Default Creative Modem Blaster PCI Value DI5652-1

I assume this means you don't care at all about the security of your machine or if you are
contributing to copyright violations.

As to quoting the original message I believe it contained your statement:
"You are SO fulla crap. I downloaded the program months ago for a
different reason and used the program myself. No adware, no ads,
nothing."

Whereas the license you accepted specifically says:
The program or the Agent may show an ad window from time to time

I suggest you use the beanie when you stick your head in the sand. The rest of use will use a
firewall and safe computing practices.

Richie Hardwick wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 17:23:09 -0500, Stewart Berman
wrote:

I guess you didn't read the license agreement you agreed to while you installed.

the program can transmit information about the computer to the web site (including: information
about driver updates, information about unknown hardware, information about your computer's
installed hardware).

The program or the Agent may show an ad window from time to time

In exchange for these benefits, you must share with the
community the drivers already installed on your computer

the Agent will automatically upload a copy of your drivers to the
web site.

IOW, when you accepted the EUL you agreed that they could upload information from your machine and
also upload ANY drivers you have -- even ones you had to pay for like virtual devices -- and make
them available on their site. I assume you have an outbound firewall and did not give the
application permission to access the internet so you know for sure that they are not uploading
information and drivers from your machine.

How often do you use the package?

FIRST: please learn to quote what you are replying to. It makes it a
lot easier for all.

I used it once, to save a copy of all my drivers.

If you are really, really worried about the info the program collects,
then I can refer you to a site that will instruct you how to make and
use a tinfoil beanie to keep outsiders from reading your mind.

Richie Hardwick

Old January 14th 09, 11:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richie Hardwick[_2_]

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:53:32 -0500, Stewart Berman
wrote:

I assume this means you don't care at all about the security of your machine or if you are
contributing to copyright violations.

Oh, bite me.

Enjoy trying to figure out how to get your XP driver extracted.

Richie Hardwick