Vista Banter

-   General Vista Help and Support (http://www.vistabanter.com/general-vista-help-support/)
-   -   Cannot connect vista to NETGEAR router (http://www.vistabanter.com/152222-cannot-connect-vista-netgear-router.html)

rm7302 January 18th 09 04:00 AM

Cannot connect vista to NETGEAR router

Hi,

I just bought a new Sony Vaio Laptop but cannot connect to Netgear
wgt624 Router. It was working alright with my Dell Inspiron XP.
Interestingly, I can connect my Sony Vaio wirelessly to the unsecured
networks in the neighborhood. There has been couple times I could
connect to mine and it was pretty fast but looks like it is not working
all the time.
I have a Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller. I am
not sure if this is enough info but any help is appreciated. Thanks

--
rm7302
rm7302's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/rm7302.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

V Green January 18th 09 02:32 PM

Cannot connect vista to NETGEAR router

Might need to update the router firmware.

Check the Netgear site.

rm7302[_2_] January 19th 09 02:31 AM

Cannot connect vista to NETGEAR router

Thanks for reply. You are right, I tried connecting directly from modem
and it worked which told me there must be something wrong with the
Router. I updated the Firmware and it works fine now.