Security Center failed

Old January 5th 07, 11:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
David

Default Security Center failed

i get this strange error message when i want to acces Security Center from
Control panel:

so thers a popup named:
Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close
the program and notify you if a solution is avalible.

Now i got 2 choiceses: Debug or Close program.

Please help... i cant acces security center at all ;(

Old January 6th 07, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
stuart richards

The difference is that one is an earlier version (the RC version) than the
other which means that more errors and issues will have been made before the
RTM release and there will have been more improvements and issues sorted
between RTM and the Final Retail version, so there is a good chance that one
of us poor saps who have spent the last gawd knows how long testing will
have had this or a similar problem which lead to a fix!

I would start by running sfc to see if there has been some sort of
corruption as a first stop

Old January 8th 07, 04:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Jesper

Actually, I would look at something third-party. Do you have any of the
following:
1. Third-party Anti-virus
2. Third-party Firewall
3. Third-party Anti-spyware

Security Center will call back to those programs to get their state. A bug
in any one of them can cause the error you are seeing. I know bugs in
third-party software sounds implausible, but it has actually happened in the
past.

Old March 27th 07, 11:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
r9site

Hey JASPER, I found the solution, it was in another forum, I just typed
"services.msc" (without quotes) in the command line, then I looked for
"Security Center" service, and it was stopped, so I just turned it on again
and that´s it.
Don´t know the reason why this happened but it doesn´t seemed something to
worried about because everything inside Security Center was working.

Hope this can help others users too.
Bye

"Jesper" wrote:

Do you know how to look in the event logs to find errors? If you just open
event viewer it will tell you right on the main screen how many application
errors you have had. Open those and see if anything relates to security
center. If so, copy the event and paste it into a newsgroup response.

"r9site" wrote:

I have a third-party program, it´s the AVG Antivirus, but I dont think it
presents any bugs, anyways, I have the same problem listed above but it just
says " Error opening Security Center ".

What can I do..?