Lexmark Printer

Old January 6th 07, 03:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Kathleen

Default Lexmark Printer

I've installed my printer drivers with Vista, and although they installed, I
can't get my printer to communicate with my computer. I know that the cords
are all plugged in and functioning properly, so this seems to be a computer
issue. Any ideas?
Old January 7th 07, 05:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Ed.

Maybe they Lexmark don't have drivers for you for Vista. You didn't say
which printer you have.

Go here and take a look. See they have yours already:

http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/...70&relevance=0

Or if yours is coming soon:

http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/seque...567_en,00.html

They don't have mine yet but says coming soon for my X5270 all in one.

Ed.

Old January 8th 07, 12:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Ed.

Good. Glad to hear that for you too. I hope coming soon does mean soon and
not a year. I saw some where in there they were saying if our's aren't out
yet that they would be during 2007. BOY oh BOY... 2007 is a whole year - LOL

Old January 15th 07, 03:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Katheryne

I've got the same issue with my Lexmark X4270 - except at least the
website says drivers will be available January 30th (subject to change).

I know one thing though - do NOT use their existing software and drivers
on Vista! Things get really ugly really fast! :O

Old January 15th 07, 01:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
mikeyhsd

I waited a year and half for lexmark to provide drivers before for a different OS. its now been 3 years and printer is now listed as too old to support.

might consider dumping lexmark and finding a company that has vista drivers available.
epson has some and cannon has more.