Video Hardware Crash

Old January 31st 09, 09:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
goorambatman

Default Video Hardware Crash

I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP2. When I use the screen saver Aurora
(and i think all screensavers) and leave the computer at night I come back to
find it has been crashing and restrting all night.

The screensaver comes on without error but at some stage while it's running
I get a crash. My power settings are set too never turn off the computer and
to never put it to sleep.

I have no problems when the screen saver is set to blank. I have never been
there to see it crash, it does it when the computer has been inactive for a
long period of time.

this problem was present with Vista SP1 and is not a SP2 issue.

I have Catalyst Controll Center 9.1 and it's drivers installed. My device
is an ATI Radeon X1300 PRO PCI Express x16 512MB DDR2.

Product
Windows

Problem
Video hardware error

Date
1/02/2009 6:15 AM

Status
Solution Available

Description
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
WD-20090201-0615.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 117
BCP1: 8676D510
BCP2: 8CA1D4B2
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: 363e4a28-2de3-4681-8487-d68be84ce670

Product
Windows

Problem
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
1/02/2009 5:18 AM

Status
Solution Available

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini020109-08.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 8674D008
BCP2: 8C01C4B2
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 0000000D
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: 2700d6c4-8032-48a6-b84c-93e90e7f63f5

Old January 31st 09, 11:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jake Marley

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 14:46:01 -0800, goorambatman
wrote:

I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP2.

No such animal.
Old January 31st 09, 11:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dave[_29_]

Yes there is... SP2 is in beta. I installed it in Dec., but am mostly using
Win7 beta now.
http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/22...shes-vista-sp2

--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Old February 1st 09, 12:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jake Marley

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 19:45:09 -0500, "Dave"
wrote:

Yes there is... SP2 is in beta. I installed it in Dec., but am mostly using
Win7 beta now.

Beta versions aren't supportable: thus, "No such animal".

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/22...shes-vista-sp2

--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
http://download.live.com/wlmail

.. .

Old February 5th 09, 04:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Harry

Bag it. You're unlikely to ever get an issue like this resolved with Vista -
it's issues and problems are too essoteric and device specific. So, if you
really have to use Aurora, wipe and install XP, or get a new PC. If the new
one has Vista also, it's unlikely it will have the same issue, but it will
have others.

A friend of mine had a PC with Vista Premium (don't know what SP) that also
did this, although I don't remember if it was for just 1 or 2 specific screen
savers. Anyway, it crashed at exactly 4 hours and 13 minutes every time.

After months of talking to (screaming at) the PC manufacturer (COMPAQ) and
Microsoft, he finally disabled the screen saver and turned the monitor off
instead.

Where did you get a copy of Win7 beta? I'm looking at wiping my Vista and
installing XP, but may try that if it's affordable.

Old February 5th 09, 07:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ray Luca

Harry wrote:

Where did you get a copy of Win7 beta? I'm looking at wiping my Vista and
installing XP, but may try that if it's affordable.

You're a moron. Beta software is FREE.