Safely Remove Hardware Error

Old February 1st 09, 04:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
alikane

Default Safely Remove Hardware Error

Hi there
Recently i've been getting this problem with windows vista home edition
where constantly on and off im getting the two beeps as though a USB
device has been plugged in and within one second you hear another two
beeps indicating that it has been removed.
I'm not putting anything in or out i'm guessing this is some sort of
hardware error. I've had the laptop for about 6 months now.
I'm puzzled.
Anyone got any ideas?
Cheers

--
alikane
alikane's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/alikane.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old February 2nd 09, 02:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
spamme0[_2_]

alikane wrote:
Hi there
Recently i've been getting this problem with windows vista home edition
where constantly on and off im getting the two beeps as though a USB
device has been plugged in and within one second you hear another two
beeps indicating that it has been removed.
I'm not putting anything in or out i'm guessing this is some sort of
hardware error. I've had the laptop for about 6 months now.
I'm puzzled.
Anyone got any ideas?
Cheers

Try the simple stuff first. Plug the flash drive into another computer.
Old February 2nd 09, 02:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
alikane[_2_]

there isn't a flash drive, the whole thing is happening within my laptop
which has nothing plugged in the USB ports at all.
cheers

Old February 16th 09, 05:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
FrustratedwithPC

It seems I am having the exact same situation occuring with my PC.

I have a Dell 1525 and contacted Dell support. After an hour and a
half on the phone with my friends in India, I was told that the only
recommendation they had was for me to re-install Windows.

I refuse to believe that to be the only solution.

Hope someone can come up with a real solution.

--
FrustratedwithPC
FrustratedwithPC's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/frustratedwithpc.htm

Old February 16th 09, 11:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
alikane[_3_]

FrustratedwithPC;4247474 Wrote:
It seems I am having the exact same situation occuring with my PC.

I have a Dell 1525 and contacted Dell support. After an hour and a
half on the phone with my friends in India, I was told that the only
recommendation they had was for me to re-install Windows.

I refuse to believe that to be the only solution.

Hope someone can come up with a real solution.

Hey there, i have in fact solved it, but am disappointed.
In the front of the laptop on the right side there is a port that says
SD/MMC
Inside that is the flash card
If you remove this you should be fixed !
I'm pretty disappointed though, this must be a production fault or
something..
Seems like dell were pretty sloppy with the hardware
Hope this helps

Old February 21st 09, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
FrustratedwithPC[_2_]

Hello Alikane

Did exactly as you suggested. Removed the sdcard and the issue seems
to have been resolved. Perhaps our friends at Dell should be instructed
to come to this site to get the correct solutions rather then jumping to
the wrong conclussions.
Thank you for your help.

Peter