Sd Card Reader disappeared !

Old February 5th 09, 11:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
heartglen

Default Sd Card Reader disappeared !

Greetings.

About 2 days ago, my internal sd card reader disappeared from vista. Until
this time it works perfectly ( it was accessable via "computer" as removable
drives ) but after formatting my system and performing Windows updates, it's
gone. Usb drive on card reader still works but sd card slot not responding.
I've already tried reinstalling drivers, also installing a clean Vista but
nothing changed. And also tried activating removable drives management from
Vista options.

I think hardware is still ok but how can i use it again ?

Thanks in advance.

Old February 6th 09, 05:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
C. J. Hughes

If you looking in Device Manager does the SD card reader show up? If not,
trying right clicking on your computer name at the root of the device tree
and clicking "Scan for hardware changes."

Old February 6th 09, 05:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
heartglen

there is no problem in device manager and no new hardware can be found.

"heartglen" , iletisinde þunu yazdý,

Old February 6th 09, 05:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
C. J. Hughes

Something you could try doing is uninstalling the drivers for the USB root
hubs. As long as you make sure NOT to check the box "delete driver software"
they should reload the driver on restart.

This has been known to correct internal card reader problems in the past.

"heartglen" wrote

there is no problem in device manager and no new hardware can be found.

"heartglen" , iletisinde unu yazd,

Old February 6th 09, 09:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
heartglen

thanks but it's still not working.
can it be something about bios ? card reader is connected to floopy drive.

"C. J. Hughes" , iletisinde şunu yazdı,
news

Old February 6th 09, 09:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
C. J. Hughes

I doubt it's related to the BIOS.

If you look in disk management do you see the card readers listed? There
should be a drive letter assigned to them. If there's not, you can right
click and add them that way.

Old February 6th 09, 10:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
heartglen

i see nothing directly related to card reader. before this problem i could
see card reader as drivers in my computer. but i can't remember how they
listed in device manager.
i can only see usb hubs listed . ( screenshot is attached )

"heartglen" wrote:

thanks but it's still not working.
can it be something about bios ? card reader is connected to floopy
drive.

"C. J. Hughes" , iletisinde ÅŸunu
yazdı,
news

Old February 7th 09, 03:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
fletchpix

My internal card readers disappeared twice a while back and so I removed the
cover, located the connection, disconnected the drives from the motherboard,
reconnected them and hey presto they reappeared. I have no idea why it
happened but it certainly did the trick, whereas nothing else did!

Good luck.

Paul

Old February 7th 09, 09:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
heartglen

thank you all.
i did nothing but today card reader is back again.
any idea why that was happened ?

Old January 21st 10, 07:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
undisclosed

Hi, This happened to me aswell, following the good advice here I then,
following shut down, switched off the power supply, and then switched it
back on and during start-up the sweet green light reappeared.A default
setting kicks in I suppose. Big tip as from other posts do not use
safely remove hardware for the cards!

--
henryhiggins