Old March 11th 07, 12:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Me

Default Adsl modem driver

You don't need drivers for an ADSL modem/router. Depending on who you
connect through, you may need a username and perhaps a password, don't use
USB to connect its for printers Ect
"Veerle" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I am considering upgrading my Windows Xp To Windows Vista, but first I
need to a Vista compatible driver for my ADSL modem, because otherwise
I won't be able to connect to the internet any more.

My modem is from ASUS, model nr AAM6000UG/D. I filled in a contact
form on the ASUS website asking if they have a Vista modem, but answer
was negative. They don't mention if they are working on one, or are
going to. I'll try filling in a form again, asking just that.

But, my parents have an Thomsom (previous Alcatel) SpeedTouch USB
modem which they don't use any more. I could use their modem, if I can
find Vista drivers for it. But I can't find them either. They only
thing I do find is a dutch page (http://www.speedtouch.nl/
vista_info.html) mentioning that a driver for Vista will be available
soon. But I don't know what soon meens for them: within a month?
within 6 months? within a year?

Anyone using one of these modems and looking for (are maybe found)
Vista drivers as well?

Veerle