Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista and Games (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-games/)
-   -   Different Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne Problem in Windows 7 (http://www.vistabanter.com/154915-different-warcraft-3-frozen-throne-problem-windows-7-a.html)

jalf February 14th 09 06:17 AM

Different Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne Problem in Windows 7

Okay, the problem is, after installing my Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne on my
Windows 7 beta, 7000build. I can run War3.exe after the installation.
When I restarted my computer, the problem starts here.

Every time I open my War3, It minimizes on my task bar. When I click it
again, it maximizes for around 1 second then minimizes again. I know its
running fine because I can hear the sounds of the program and I can see
the menu for 1 second.

I'm wondering if this is fixable. I search the internet for similar
problem but it looks like I'm the only one having this kind of problem.

I tried Updating my Video Card driver, I think I have the latest.

Thanks in advance whoever can fix this problem.

Tried system restore, no result.

Reinstalling my War3, it works. But, whenever I restart my computer,
the problem appear again. I need to shutdown my computer.

Here is my Computer specification.

System Information
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7000)
(7000.winmain_win7beta.081212-1400)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz (4
CPUs), ~2.3GHz
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Physical RAM: 3581MB
Virtual Memory: 2047MB

Video Information
Video Card: NVIDIA NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (Prerelease - WDDM 1.1)
Video Memory: 2035 MB
Chip Type: GeForce 9600 GT
Driver Filename: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
Driver Version: 7.15.0011.7923 | 11/20/2008 21:25:00
Disp Settings: Generic PnP Monitor | 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (75Hz)

Audio Information
Audio Device: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Driver Name: HdAudio.sys
Driver Version: 6.01.7000.0000 | 12/13/2008 10:47:51
Default Sound Playback: true
Default Voice Playback: true

--
jalf

jalf February 14th 09 06:27 AM

Different Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne Problem in Windows 7

Done. I fixed it.

The problem is, with the windows 7 desktop Composition.

Here's the solution.

Go to the warcraft installation folder.
Select War3.exe then, right click it, properties.

Compatibility - check -disable desktop composition.-

And no more, minimizing problem.

--
jalf

Joe[_21_] February 23rd 09 05:42 PM

Different Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne Problem in Windows 7

jalf wrote in
:

Go to the warcraft installation folder.
Select War3.exe then, right click it, properties.

Compatibility - check -disable desktop composition.-

And no more, minimizing problem.

Good find, did you send feedback to Microsoft?

--
Joe

jalf February 23rd 09 05:53 PM

Different Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne Problem in Windows 7

No. And I think, Microsoft intentionally added that option because, it
can't be fixed on their side. So, I think, it's up to the game producer
to add some compatibility in their program.

It's just a thought anyway.

--
jalf

Joe[_21_] February 24th 09 02:58 PM

Different Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne Problem in Windows 7

jalf wrote in
:

No. And I think, Microsoft intentionally added that option because, it
can't be fixed on their side. So, I think, it's up to the game producer
to add some compatibility in their program.

It's just a thought anyway.

Vista has the same "feature", Desktop Composition, but WC3:FT works just
fine on Vista, so this is probably a bug introduced in Windows 7, could be
based on your hardware or something else, but either way when you observe
something click the send feedback link.

Just my thought anyway.

--
Joe

AOD March 9th 09 06:22 AM

Different Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne Problem in Windows 7

not necessarily. I run TFT in Vista and i have the same problem. The
solutuion is the same turn off desktop composition.

"Joe" wrote:

jalf wrote in
:

vntan December 26th 09 10:15 PM

Different Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne Problem in Windows 7

*bump*
guys please help me i got the same problem...
it doesnt work with -"disable desktop composition"

-Is there anyone who solute the prob in another way?

--
vntan

karam[_2_] February 9th 10 04:59 PM

Different Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne Problem in Windows 7

i need some help plz i have everything exactly like u all the computer
information and stuff like windows ultimate and 32 bit and everything
but when i click on frozen throne it stops responding and it freezes.
ive tried running as adminstator and compatibilty windows xp(2) and
windows xp(3) but no use it just stops responding when i try to open it.
plz help me

--
karam