Wireless Keyboard & Mouse

Old March 5th 09, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
aeaglenfitch

Default Wireless Keyboard & Mouse

okay so here is my issue. im running vista 32 bit on a dell xps laptop.
i've been using the microsoft Wireless Optical Notebook Mouse 3000 for
quite some time now. recently i purchased a wireless mocrosoft comfort
curve keyboard to go along with the mouse. the mouse comes with it's own
little usb dongle wireless reciever and the keyboard comes with that big
oval shaped reciever and it was my assumption that i could just use the
big one to accept a signal from both devices and not use the small
dongle. so i installed intellitype and intellipoint from the cd that
came with the keyboard, i plugged in the reciever and it paired with the
keyboard just fine and it works but when i tried to connect to the mouse
the reciever just keeps searching. so after restarting the computer and
trying to update the software and pluging-unpluging things to no avail i
tried inserting the usb dongle again. i held down the connect button on
the dongle and the light starts flashing so then i press the connect
button on the mouse and the light on the dongle just keeps flashing...
so now the mouse wont even connect to the reciever it came with. what
could be the problem?!

under mouse settings i have selected the right wireless mouse and
clicked apply and it still hasn't worked.

--
aeaglenfitch