Old March 13th 07, 01:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dennis_N

Default i keep getting a resolution reminder

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 21:52:24 -0700, benn1680
wrote:

when i try to play some games on my computer, its an emachines so dont laugh
too much, i get a message that pops on the screen that says my computers
screen resoultion might not match my monitors optimal settings (1440 X 900)
and i check them and it is set where it should be. i went to the conmputers
support site and they didn't solve it. is this a hardware issue or is it a
vista issue? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Take a look on the message again.
Is it a windows message box, or does it not look like an ordinary
windows box ? Can you close it with your mouse ?

It could very well be a OSD message from your monitor.
Many LCD monitors will display such a message when the resolution is
changed to a non 'native' setting.

If so, you can most likely disable this message in your display
settings. Check your manual for the display.

Regards