Old March 13th 07, 02:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
James

Default Quad core and Windows Vista?

Home Premium, Im using the Nvidia nforce 680a SLI drivers with updated
F-socket CPU drivers. Theres only one motherboard that supports dual
F-socket: L1N64-SLI WS by Asus.

"Noozer" wrote:

"James" wrote in message
I recently built my first quad core system using the FX-70 4x4 technology.
However, when I look at my CPU usage using Quad Multimeter (Sidebar
gadget) I
see that its only using 2 cores even when I max them out. Possibly only
the 2
cpus and not utilizing the dual cores of each CPU. I looked at my device
manager and it sees 4 processors but it only seems to be using one core
from
each of the 2 processors in my computer. Is Vista even quad-core capable?
If
so, then how to I get vista to utilize all four of my cores?

Uhm...what version of Vista? Mainboard chipset drivers loaded? Any CPU
drivers available?